Monday 12 April 2010

Brownies

More chocolate.

I like Chocolate brownies (like most people) and they shouldn't be too hard to make at home right ?

First I tried Nigella and much as I like her & her recipes she does like to add chopped nuts to her brownies, not what I wanted at all. Many of the other recipes I found were also unsatisfactory, a large number choosing to involve nuts/dates raisins & so on and a smaller but equally significant number being light on the chocolate.

Then I found cooking for engineer's recipe Dark chocolate & no nuts.

Its a nice simple recipe, most of the work being done in a double boiler (or in my case a pyrex bowl balanced over a pan of boiling water). Not just diving into a bowl of glossy chocolate & butter before adding the rest of the ingredients is a bit hard to resist because it looks so very good.

Once you've got the batter together (the only tricky bit being incorporating the eggs) pour it into a tray and slide it into the oven. Of course with all the best things that go in the oven opening the door is a no no, even if your kitchen is smelling wonderful.

Once its out of the oven let it cool for a while and then slice it into squares and as the cook exercise your privilege and eat all the offcuts/ edge bits and then pile the good looking ones onto a plate & watch them disappear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment